Documentation of material related to Faculty Professional Development.
Pursuant to NEASC standards, this section of the Portfolio will contain material to document:
- Preparation and qualification appropriate for their field and assignments (5.2)
- Continued professional growth (5.7)
- Participate in scholarship, research, creative activities, and/or service (5.7)
- Faculty assume thte responsibiilty that hte content and methods of instruction are consistent with accepted academic and professional standards (5.1)
- Institution offers opportunity for continued professional development (5.12)
- All faculty pursue scholarship designed to ensure they are current in theory, knowledge, skills, and pedagogy of their discipline or profession (5.19)
- Scholarship, research, creative activities (and service) are encouraged and supported (5.21)
If I'm really going to promote lifelong learning to my students, I have to live it. I have been going to school in some form or another since I began teaching at KVCC! I can really realte to my students who have to juggle work, family, and school and still strive to get good grades. - Dr. Mark K.
Particiapted in a facilitated online experience on the implementation of a 1:1 iPad program at Dartmouth University.
The Journey to Digital: Next Stop, Mobile Apps
Participated in a webinar presented by Cengage Learning. The seminar featured an overview of college student use of mobile devices, apps, and the plans through Cengage to integrate mobile apps into thier services.
- Click HERE to access the PowerPoint slide presentation
Multistate Collaborative on Learning Domains and Outcomes
Particiapted in a confernce focused on the development of course assignments to measure essential or core learning outcomes.
PhD in Psychology-Walden University
I completed my Ph.D. in Educational Psychology
My dissertation will titled “The Relationship between Social Ability and Learning Outcomes in Online Learning"
eLearning Guild - eLearning Authoring Tools (online seminar)
Attended a virtual seminar reviewing research related to eLearning authoring tools and features on December 18, 2013
Social Media and the Classroom (online seminar)
Attended a virtual lecture by hosts Dr. Susan Krauss Whitbourne and MacGraw Hill Psychology team on Social Media applications in the classroom on October 18, 2013.
Atlantic Coast Teaching of Psychology Conference (ACToP)
Delivered two presentations at this year's ACToP conference on September 20-21, 2013.
- Assessing AAC&U General Education Learning Outcomes in Introduction to Psychology
- Integrating Instructional Design Theory into Clear and Structured Online Lesson Plans
AAC&U 2013 General Education and Assessment Conference
Attended a national conference of the American Association of Colleges and Universities in Boston. Great work was done on helping refine and develop the focus of KVCC's General Education assessment strategy.
A focus on Liberal Education & America's Promise along with the structure of the AAC&U's VALUE Rubrics will formulate the backbone of KVCC's General Education assessment strategy.
Masters of Science in Instructional and Performance Technology (Boise State University)
I completed this state-of-the art program focusing on the application of technology in the classroom and on performance evaluation in educational and industrial settings.